Seriously. It was epic. Amazing. Intense. Happy. Hot. Cold. Just, everything.
RECAP:
My mom dropped me and Marilyn at the Home Depot Center at around 10am. We walked all the way to the back of the amazingly long line in blistering heat. On the way, there was some creepy bright green huge bug that later on chased people around in line. Marilyn almost stepped on it. :] Ha. While in line, we ran into Uh Oh! Explosion, whom I met two years ago after a Paramore concert. We didn't get a chance to talk, because they were trying to get people to listen to their music.
We waited in line for an hour and 15 minutes and on the way inside, we saw Jack Barakat from All Time Low next to his tour bus, but were too shy to call out his name.
The second we walked inside, we went straight to the area that everyone else went: Schedules and Signings. We each pitched in a dollar to buy one, which took us forever to get to the front to purchase. Once we bought it, we began the intenseness.
We walked in next to the Hurley Stage and The Maine just so happened to be playing. I snapped some pictures of them and watched them perform "Pour Some Sugar On Me" by Deff Leopard and continued on to figure things out.
We decided to walk around for a bit and figured out that All Time Low was signing at 2 and Escape the Fate was signing at 2:45. We thought it was great that they didn't conflict, but they ended up doing so later on.
While walking around, we watched a couple songs by Underoath and listened to them preach about their Christian lives. Quite inspiring. We then walked to the back stages and watched Black Tide perform a couple songs. They weren't too bad, actually.
Then, while looking for shade, I realized that Breathe Carolina was performing on the stage next to Black Tide's so we stood in front waiting. The first song they played was "Gossip", which is my favorite song by them, and then we decided to leave because that's the only song I wanted to hear. Haha.
We began walking aroung searching for Jeffree Star's tent to see when he was signing and eventually stumbled upon it, seeing that he was to sign at 1:30, which wouldn't work, because that's when we were supposed to get in line to meet All Time Low.
We got to All Time Low's signing area, and the girl running it told us that the password to get the ticket to meet them was, "Shannon is amazing" and we all had to run over to the Skull Candy tent to see if we could score a ticket. We scored, oh yes, we scored. We ended up waiting in line for two hours and I was getting worried that I would miss Escape the Fate's signing. So, I asked Marilyn to hold my place in line and I ran over to the signing tent and saw the longest line ever. The guy running the tent told me earlier that I should get there at 2 if I wanted to meet them, because they were only letting 150 people meet them. Clearly, I had missed out. I was pretty pissed off, because I had missed their set AND signing at the last warped tour. I dragged my feet back to All Time Low's line and told Marilyn what had happened. She then told me, "THINK POSITIVE! I DON'T CARE IF WE HAVE TO CHASE THEM DOWN AFTER THEIR SHOW! YOU ARE GOING TO MEET THEM TODAY! Pinky promise?" So I got pumped and put out my pinky to shake on it. FINALLY, All Time Low came over to the area and started signing. We decided to get our shirts signed. Jack wrote a happy face on my shirt, and high-fived Marilyn. Amazingness was had by all.
Words cannot express how happy we were after meeting All Time Low. We couldn't stop admiring our shirts. OH! and throughout the day, we got squirted by three different people with squirt guns. That kind of sucked. Anyway, after the signing, we went over to the food tents to get some drinks and food. I decided on two little carne asada tacos and some choclatey goodness in a milkshake and Marilyn got a mini pizza and an amazing lemonade. May I say, for such overpriced food, it definitley hits the spot. We walked over to the Vans Main Stage and sat down on the right side in the back and ate while A Day to Remember was performing.
We finished pretty quickly, considering how hot it was, and I wanted to go over to Escape the Fate's signing, since it had just started. We walked over and the line seemed to have gotten longer. I went up to the front to snap a few pictures of them, then retreated so no one would get mad. I decided to work up the guts and cut the line so I could meet them once and for all. I snuck in very stealthily and no one noticed...except Craig, the lead singer. Thankfully, he made a funny face and looked down, pretending he didn't see anything. I would have gotten a serious ass-kicking is one of the fans figured out I cut them. I got to the front within seconds, and Craig was first. I noticed that people were only having posters signed, so I asked Craig, "Are you guys only signing posters?" Craig then said with an adorable smile, "We can sign whatever you want." "Okay, can you sign my shirt?" He then scooted his chair to the side of the table so I could get closer to let him sign me. I held out the bottom part of my shirt and he signed it and I thanked him and he replied with a "You're very welcome. Thanks for coming out," again, flashing his amazing smile. Max was next, who also happens to be my favorite member. I couldn't stop smiling when I asked him to sign my shirt, which he did. I then said, "Thank you! I [freaking] love you!" and he made my heart melt when he replied with, "I love you too!" with that other adorable smile. Robert was after Max and he was on his phone, so I didn't get to say much to him. He signed my shirt, and I walked away the happiest girl alive. Below are a couple pictures of Max.
After I found Marilyn hiding behind the line, we walked over to the KIA stage and watched a couple songs by Alana Grace.
After, we walked back over to the right side of the Vans Main Stage because All Time Low was performing soon. We went over, and watched the end of The Devil Wears Prada set. I looked at Marilyn, and she suddenly looked up and then out of nowhere an empty water bottle hits her in the arm. We couldn't help but laugh.
The second The Devil Wears Prada finished, we ran through the leaving crowd members to the left side and in the middle. The second we found a good spot, I turned around and saw Katie and her friends. Ironic, right? Katie then told me that we were going to end up at the front of the stage by the time the set was over. I was confused by that, and the show started. Everyone rushed forward. This is when Marilyn got the nickname: Moshpit Magnet. Everywhere we went, a moshpit formed next to her. Everytime one formed, we weaved througout the crowd avoiding them. Voila! We were at the front of the stage. I ended up getting the nickname: Crowsurfer Magnet, which was a painfl event for me. The first time, I was taking a picture when an arm comes out of nowhere and slams me in the neck, pushing me to the crowd and the chick crowdsufer goes over my head. It hurt more because I didn't see it coming. We moved again, and a second girl crowdsurfers legs land on top of me. Frustrated, I move out of the way so she could pass. Then, this group of girls tries to get past me, by running into me continuously. They didn't succeed, and I ended up throwing my elbow into the front chicks ribs. Thankfully, she backed off. Then, the girl in front of me started jumping up and down, landing on my feet everytime. My feet are now swollen. Thank you. We moved again, and a third guy crowdsurfer lands on my head, I put my hand up to protect my head, and he moved in a weird way, causing my ring to slice my finger open. That did it for me, so I reached up, grabbed him by the sides, and pulled him onto the ground. He landed with a thud and started complaining. All I did was continue watching the show.
Once All Time Low finished, we walked around and decided to sit down for two hours until Escape the Fate was to perform on the Hurley Stage. We walked over to the Monster truck next to the Hurley Stage and sat down, regaining some energy. While we waited, we listened to Bayside perform. Also, while waiting, Jeffree Star walks past us with his new "do". Basically he cut his hair and now it looks like a mullet. Pretty bad.
We decided to get up and watch Gallows perform on the Hurley Stage because they were the last ones before Escape the Fate. We only got up because that lead singer was so damn loud and feisty, we just had to see what was going on. When we got over there, the world's BIGGEST moshpit had formed, and the lead singer was in it. I had never seen so much blood and bruises in one spot before. The lead singer even stared beating himself with the microphone until his forehead started bleeding. Talk about crazy...
FINALLY! It was time for Escape the Fate. And it even got cold, so I didn't have people sweating all over me like in All Time Low. Craig came on wearing a pirate hat and they started with "The Flood". Moshpits formed, and me and Marilyn were in the front, but to the left side in the safe spot. Max kept getting hit with water bottles, shoes, etc. and between songs he says, "I've been playing shows for a long f***ing time, and not once have I gotten hit on stage. I hope someone f***ing recorded that sh*t and puts it on youtube or some sh*t. I wanna see it. That was a good throw. Who did it? *points finger* You? You? You?" Then, during one of the songs he says, "What am I? The Target? STOP THROWING SH*T AT MAX!" I laughed. Then, between other songs he says, "You know what? I want you guys to just throw everything you got at us. I wanna see everything." All of the sudden they got bombarded with things and Max got hit in the head a few times. He then slowly made his way to the mic dodging other objects and says, "ALRIGHT!!! EASY! EASY!" Ah, I love Max. Also, this one girl had some poster in the front row, and Craig spotted it and dedicated the song "Ashley" to her. I thought that was adorable. For the last song, they played, "This War is Ours" and they had a front to back wall of death. When I realized that I was in the front of the wall, me and Marilyn panicked and ran to the front of the stage to avoid any injuries. It was an epic show, of course.
And some Extras:

xoxo
Jasmine
"Yes I will see you, through the smoke and flames, on the front lines of war. And I will fight my battle til I fall, and we conquer them all." Escape the Fate (This War Is Ours)
No comments:
Post a Comment