Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thinking back on concerts.

So, I thought I'd share all concerts attended by me so far, and a small snippit of what I remember. Yes, I'm THAT bored.

-December 6, 2006: Panic! at the Disco-
Wednesday night. This one was at the Long Beach Arena and Cobra Starship and Jack's Mannequin opened for them. I remember sitting in the second level, relatively close to the stage and not knowing basically any of the songs. Haha. Favorite song played: I Write Sins, Not Tragedies.

-March 3, 2007: AFI-
Saturday night. Best concert ever. In San Bernardino at the Coussoulis Arena and I got to meet them before the show, thanks to the Despair Faction. Viva Hate and Deadboy and Elephantman opened for them. I rememer almost dying because I was on the barricade and I'm a very short and fragile person. I could go into details, but I'll save you the misery. Favorite song played: The Leaving Song.

-March 11, 2007: My Chemical Romance-
Sunday night. It was in the Anaheim Center and Rise Against opened for them and I remember running into Jeffree Star for the first time, while waiting in line to get inside. We were in the second floor, but still close enough to see well. Favorite song played: Helena.

-March 24, 2007: AP Tour-
Saturday night. We saw: As Tall as Lions, Envy on the Coast, Cute is What We Aim For, and Circa Survive. It was in this little lounge by the Pantageous Theater in Hollywood. We saw Hottie there [insider]. Haha. Favorite song played: Curse of Curves.

-September 26, 2007: Blaqk Audio-
It was on a Wednesday night in San Diego. Took us 2 hours to get there and 2 hours back. It was in the House of Blues and they had a small DJ open for them. Amazing concert and I said "Hi!" to Jeffree Star on the way out and he waved at me. :] Favorite song played: Wake Up, Open the Door, and Escape to the Sea.

-November 8, 2007: Maroon 5-
Thursday night. It was at the Staples Center and The Hives and some other band opened for them. We had box seats and like 5th row seats. I caught on video Adam Levine waving to Lauren haha. She was so excited. Favorite song played: She Will Be Loved.

-November 9, 2007: Paramore-
Friday night. It was at the Grove in Anaheim. The Almost and The Starting Line opened for them and we were in the pit. We also waited like 5 hours after the show to meet them. Totally worth it. Favorite song played: When it Rains.

-April 6, 2008: Bamboozle Left-
Saturday day/night. Met: Matthew Lush, Audrey Kitching, Jeffree Star, and DJ Rossstar. Saw: Blaqk Audio, My Chemical Romance, MXPX, Chiodos, Jeffree Star, Breathe Carolina, Anti-Flag, The Bravery, Escape the Fate, Metro Station, The Medic Droid, The A.K.A.s, Suburban Legends, Secondhand Serenade, and Crunk. Favorite song played: Blaqk Audio's cover of "Hold Me Now" by the Thompson Twins.

-July 31, 2008: Paramore-
Thursday night. It was at the Pacific Ampitheater in Costa Mesa and Jack's Mannequin, A Paper Route, and Phantom Planet opened for them. We were in Section 1, which was really close to the band. It was a really moving concert and I really enjoyed it. Favorite song played: My Heart.

-September 6, 2008: Tokio Hotel-
Saturday day. It was at the Hollywood and Highland Center and we got to meet them after the show. We were in the pit with a bunch of creepy fangirls. I remember Jojo from KIIS introducing them onto stage. Favorite song played: Monsoon.

So that's all so far, but I have two more concerts lined up for next week: Escape the Fate free show at the Knitting Factory and Warped Tour 09 in Pomona.

Here's the video of Paramore's "My Heart" from the Costa Mesa concert. I thought it was the best thing i've ever heard. I think you will too. No, I didn't take this video.

Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M91dkfsnbko

No comments:

Post a Comment