Saturday, June 27, 2009

Warped Tour 2009; Pomona

Wow. A crazy day yesterday. No pictures yet, but soon to come. Let me recall what happened.

I was dropped off at Burger King next to Bishop Montgomery since Jamie had summer school. Brynne met me there and flaunted her new teeth without braces. Jamie met us outside and we all piled into Brynne's car. We were maybe 5 minutes into the drive, when I realized that I forgot to print out my ticket. Of course. So since we were right next to Brynne's house, we made a quick stop to print out my ticket.

We left the house at 1:30pm and I wanted to be there by 2:40pm for Escape the Fate's performance. Of course, with my luck, we hit traffic on the way up, and the heat was intense. It was around 90 degrees on the road alone, and basically 20x hotter at the show. I looked at the clock only to notice that it was 2:30pm and we still weren't there yet. I was getting anxious, so I just payed attention to Michael Jackson on the radio.

We arrived at 2:40 and I booked it with Jamie through the bag checks and ticket checks. We ran through the giant water mister at the entrance and I remembered that Escape the Fate was performing on the Hurley stage. I saw a Hurley symbol on a stage in front of the entrance, so we ran over there, but Escape the Fate wasn't playing. I was confused, so I looked up to the large sign that said all the bands and the times and places they were performing. I noticed that there were 2 Hurley stages: Hurley.com stage and the Hurley stage. I realized that we were standing in front of the hurley.com stage and immediatley ran towards one end of the fairplex to find the correct stage. We ran into Lauren on the way and she came with us. We ran to the end, only seeing the Vans stage and other stages. I started freaking out trying to find the stage at 3:00pm. We ran in the opposite direction and found a stage looking area around the corner. We rounded the corner and I heard Escape the Fate ending a song. We pushed our way through the crowd, towards the center where the tent was. I heard Craig say that they were out of time and they were going to perform their last two songs. I was bummed. So, they played "10 Miles Wide", and then "This War is Ours", and the entire crowd formed a moshpit. Since I made the genious idea of wearing sandals, people started stepping on my feet while making room for the moshpit. I dodged a punch that almost nailed me in the face and moved behind a few people. I listened to the song and took some pictures, but I was still bummed that I missed the set. They ended, and then announced that they were going to be having a signing at the Vans booth at 4:00pm, so I figured that that would make up for missing the set. The three of us walked over to the Truth booth and met up with Brynne, Ryan, and Pam and we all walked over to the Vans stage to watch The Devil Wears Prada. I took some pictures and ran into Gabby and Jessica, said a quick "Hey." and then they disappeared.

After The Devil Wears Prada finished, Ryan noticed that Thrice and 3OH!3 were playing at that stage next, so he stayed while me, Brynne, Jamie, and Lauren walked over to the Vans booth to meet Escape the Fate. It was baking hot and Brynne and Jamie decided to go walk around since they didn't have much interest in Escape the Fate and me and Lauren waited. An hour and a half passed, and there was no line movement. I was starting to get dehydrated and woozy. All of the sudden the line moved forward quickly and when we got to the front, Escape the Fate was nowhere to be seen. I was ready to tear someone's head off by this point. I asked the guy standing up there where they went and he told me that the security guards made them leave because there was too many people. The only reason I went to this specific Warped Tour was to meet Escape the Fate, so you can probably tell how mad I was.

I decided to walk with Lauren over to Hanna Beth's booth to say a quick hello, and I saw her heading towards the exit, so all I could do was say hi and she said the same, while she was getting chased out by her friend. Then, I looked over to the Kia stage and saw Jeffree Star's cousin Daniel, and said hi to him, and he replied with a wave and a "Hey!". I felt pretty accomplished. I turned around to look at the other booths and saw Jeffree Star doing a signing. I wanted to go over to him and tell him that I thought he was rude when he made a public insult about Michael Jackson the day before. I subtley cut the line of about 50 fangirls and thankfully no one noticed. I was at the front and had this whole speech prepared, but the girl in front of me stole my thunder. She straight up told him that he was an ass and walked away. Jeffree replied with, "Oh hell no! I'm gonna f***ing taze your ass, mother f***er!" I immediatley lost my nerve and didn't know what to do. He looked to me, and told me to come to him for an autograph and picture. Seeing as how he is like 4 feet taller than me, I was too intimidated to refuse, so I got my 5th autograph from him and a picture with him. I walked away, kinda weirded out about the situation and went to the booth next to his and bought a braclet that says "OMG!askarth" I love it. :D

Lauren told me that she wanted to go watch A Day To Remember and I told her that I would meet her there, after I found Brynne and everyone. I called Brynne and she told me she was by the bathrooms, so I met up with her. I told her where Lauren went, and we all started walking back to the Hurley stage to watch A Day To Remember. I stepped on a bee on the way over, quickly pulled out the stinger, and limped the rest of the way. I bought a water in front of the stage and poured a little on my foot and drank the rest. I didn't want to stand in the crowd at this point, so Jamie and Lauren went into the crowd while me, Brynne, Pam, and Ryan went and sat in the shade a little ways back from the stage. I stayed and watched their first song, "The Downfall of us All" and Brynne told me that she wanted to go walk around. So we got up and walked over to the Escape the Fate tent and I bought a poster. On the way back, we stopped at the SocialVibe tent, signed the petition, put it on facebook, and got free SocialVibe bracelets and stickers. My sticker said, "I Wear Pink to provide help for those who need it." On the way back, we passed this guy sitting in a wheelchair with paramedics all around and he was gushing blood from his nose. I was disgusted and hurried back. We sat back down and listened to the rest of A Day To Remember's set and when they finished, The Pickies started playing and Jamie and Lauren disappeared. Annoyed, all of us got up and walked over to the SmartPunk stage and watched Senses Fail. On the way over, we stopped by the Peta2 tent, signed a petition against the cruelty to animals, and got free DVD's. One of which AFI was on. :D Back to Senses Fail, we were kind of close to the front, and of course, all of the tall people just HAD to stand in front of me. I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have because I couldn't see.

After Senses Fail, we went over to the Monster tent and found Jamie and we decided to leave. I wanted to watch the Millionaires, but they all seemed pretty wiped out, so I passed it up. Jamie wanted to walk around to find free stuff, but most of the booths were closing by then, and we didnt succeed. We walked back to the car, getting ambushed by people handing out fliers on the way out and got to the car. On the way home, we blasted The White Tie Affair and Mandy K.

I plan on going to the last Warped Tour and I am making a pact with myself that I won't miss Escape the Fate's set and I WILL meet them. August 23rd is on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment